13 Aug 2009

Whiteshill and Ruscombe Parish meeting

This evening was the Parish meeting and as I have a busy day tomorrow I've not got time to do it justice writing here but here are a few items nevertheless:

- Former District Councillor David Thornton has sadly died. I never met him but I understand he represented the former Whiteshill Ward from 1996 to 1998. His funeral is to be held on Tuesday 18 August 2009 at 10.00am at Gloucester Crematorium.

- the Basketball hoop is getting closer - a contractor is set up do do the work once it is delivered from storage.

- the allotment working group met in The Star pub recently - v nice too but apparently things are still held up re the application for lottery money.

- there is a plea on the Stroud District Council website to have a photo that represents the Stroud valleys at the moment there is one of the Sub Rooms.

- the '20 is Plenty' scheme is now in with the stickers on boxes - see report here - for me the crucial next step is the other calming measures like gateways. I was also delighted to hear that our new County councillor, Tony Blackburn, plans to ask a question about traffic calming in Whiteshill at GCC.

No comments: