22 Dec 2007

Global Challenges Think Tank and more

On Thursday the Transition Stroud Business and Government group met in Nailsworth.

Photo: Coffee break at meeting - plus mince pie

I nearly didn't make the meeting as I lost one page of my diary - anyone who has seen my 2007 diary will have little sympathy with me and understand totally how this could have happened (see update below) - it is a poor excuse for a diary but it is at least small enough to fit in the back pocket of a pair of jeans....anyhow I did send around an emergency email message re those dates of the missing page - but was confident that I had remembered all important events - it was only the day before when a reminder email came around about this meeting that I realised my mistake - fortunately I managed to change another meeting around to get to this one....

The meeting on Thursday was a chance to look at how the 'Global Challenges Think Tank' on Peak oil and climate change had progressed - this is one of the first in the country to look at both those issues and feed into the policy making Local Strategic Partnership - good stuff indeed - we also talked about various other aspects including the local Sustainable Community Strategy and more...see my report ramble of the meeting here. It is very nice to be part of a group where talk will turn into meaningful policy - plus lots of good ideas for more action - coming soon!

Update 31st December 2007: following an email query re my diary I have included here a photo of the state of my 2007 diary - it really doesn't show the glory of it's loose pages, my illegible scribbles that sometimes defy even my interpretation and the wonders of it managed to get me to meetings this last year....

No comments: