Talking Rubbish - Friday 29th April, 2.15pm.
Chaired by Jonathon Porritt in Cheltenham
A high-level policy seminar on waste and the circular economy
The University of Gloucestershire - Park Campus The Park, Cheltenham GL50 2RH
Local campaigners have spent years trying to communicate to Gloucestershire County Council that there are better alternatives to incineration. This is a great opportunity to alert both decision makers and commercial players to the significance of the R4C alternative in the context of wider developments in the UK and beyond - and make sure they understand the serious local implications for the Javelin Park project before construction starts.
- Prestigious environmental consultancy Eunomia
- Circular economy experts Resource Futures
- Community R4C
Topics to be covered will include:
- long-term implications of today's waste decisions
- regulatory developments towards a circular economy
- how councils can move up the waste hierarchy
- how community engagement can help
- whether incineration creates a barrier
If you would like to register to attend, you will find the details here: