24 Jul 2014

Charity cycling

Local Green Penny Burgess is going to cycle from Land’s End to John O’ Groats, starting on 30th August 2014 in aid of Crohn’s and Colitus UK and Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust.

Penny told me, "As I have Crohn's, I'll be doing the trip on an electric bike, I'll also be doing it on my own, and unsupported. My main aim is to promote these bikes as an alternative to cars for people who may feel cycling to work/town is a bit too much. There’s an electric bike shop opening in Stroud on 1st August. It's such a fantastic way to travel, and when coupled with green energy, it's also carbon neutral. All but two of my overnight stops on the trip, and the original shop I bought the bike from, are powered by Ecotricity.”

If you would like to donate something towards these excellent causes, you can do so through Penny’s website -  http://pennyburgess59.wordpress.com/about/

No comments: