For some months I have been working on this project with a number of others - the idea came out of a conversation with website designer Peter Richardson - and since then I've had nothing but positive feedback for the idea. In November we established a group and got a small donation from the Town Council to set up the website.
We already have a huge range of videos (getting close to 200) from skateboarding, music, our beautiful countryside, history, stories, poetry community projects and much more. It has been fascinating seeing the range from videos; an old one with Chalford Station still operating, Emma Samms in a video to raise money to tackle prostrate cancer, community projects like the Horsley Orchard and Dudbridge Hydro, Rococo Gardens, work by arts students and so much more.
Basically SCTV is run by volunteers and will be a place;
- to publicise and promote Stroud to local people and visitors
- to support our local economy
- to create a space for voices who are less often heard
- to inspire audiences into actions
- to develop the already amazing media skills and creative talent in Stroud