31 Jul 2011

Pride flag not flown!

Last year
The Rainbow flag has been flown at Ebley Mill every year since 2006 in recognition of Gloucestershire Pride. So why was it not in June this year? I wrote seeking an explanation as I had sent an email requesting the flag - as I have done every year. Well it seems an administrative error was made and the flag did not get flown.

Last year
I have now received assurances that this will not happen again. A new system has been put in place to ensure the error will not reoccur. There is no question that the District Council does not support the Pride event. Indeed Stroud along with Glos County were one of the first in the country to fly the Pride flag in a non-metropolitan area outside.

Anyhow if you missed it see my video of the Glos Pride event here.

No comments: