1 Jul 2011

Lavender Bakehouse excels!

What a lucky fellow am I...you see I had to be in Cirencester this morning but came back early and managed to meet up with my partner at the Lavender Bakehouse and Coffee shop in Chalford....

It was there I had a second breakfast - a favorite of hobbits and this councillor - wow is the food good and local - coffee was also excellent (I am a bit fussy re having a good coffee). I used to pop in when I think it was Beth who ran it as Gather Me Flowers (also good coffee) - apparently she still runs the flowers across the road but now the menu at the Bakehouse is bigger and it is very much a great place to eat.....the bread was particularly good - made I understand specially by a local baker, Sally and delivered twice a week....if Sally ever decides to expand and start selling more of her bread she is sure to rival the best of bakers locally! Anyhow the cakes were also good - I will be back. Downside? Well it could be nearer Ruscombe and they could get pepper mills instead of pepper pots!

I wish the new owners all the very best with the venture - I know how hard work it can be - my brother set up and ran Cafe Maitreya in Bristol which won the top vegetarian restaurant awards repeatedly.

Anyhow see more re the Bakehouse at: http://www.lavenderbakehouse.co.uk/

No comments: