A new bill, the "Pandemic Response Bill," S. 2028, has passed the Massachusetts state Senate and is now awaiting approval in the House. This bill suspends virtually all Constitutional rights of Massachusetts citizens and forces anyone "suspected" of being infected to submit to interrogations, "decontaminations" and vaccines. It also sets fines up to $1,000 per day for anyone who refuses to submit to quarantines, vaccinations, decontamination efforts or to follow any other verbal order by virtually any state-licensed law enforcement or medical personnel. I have to say I have real problems with many compulsory vaccination programmes but especially this as there are particular additional issues relating to this vaccine - there is a campaign email site re the US here. In the UK GPs are to be paid £5.25 per jab - but on the info I have so far I wont be taking it.
Below is a letter a colleague has sent to our Government about the programme over here which is not mandatory but still raises concerns:
Could you ask the Department of Health what assurances people have that the Swine Flu vaccine is safe - especially given that testing is far from complete and that there are no results on children while government is still planning to roll this out to all schools? In particular are there assurances that the scheduled round of vaccinations will not cause further deaths nor cases of Guillain Barré Syndrome (GBS)?
Can you gain assurances that there will be not even a slight danger of the Baxter vaccine containing what 72 kilos of Baxter vaccine sent to labs across Europe in February 2009 contained, namely live Bird Flu?
Has the government seen a report on this event from relevant global authorities and is it satisfied with the explanation for these events? Is the government further satisfied with Baxter's defence that it is proprietary information to explain exactly how this contamination occurred? A deadly Europe wide pandemic could have resulted, especially if a mutation had occurred - likely in such a large sample - given Bird Flu's 70% lethality to humans?
The UK government is spending an estimated £155 million on Baxter/GSK vaccines and spent a further £500 million on anti-viral drugs plus new contracts at new undisclosed costs. Given that Swine Flu is a mild flu with low lethality and given the vaccine shelf life are we really getting value for money?
I append further information.
Swine Flu information
· ½ of UK doctors and 1/3 of nurses are set to refuse to take the Swine Flu vaccine (1)
· US multinationalBaxter delivered 72 kilos of human vaccine material to EU labs contaminated with live Bird Flu virus in February 2009 - accidentally. Bird Flu virus, although being hard to catch, is 70% lethal. There has been no exculpatory information on this and neither has Baxter paid any penalty.
· Over 2/3 of UK doctors believe the new vaccine has been poorly tested and has safety concerns (1)
· That ordinary flu kills from 3,000 – 12,000 people a year in the UK and has never commanded these levels of publicity, vaccine stocks, or readiness to mass vaccinate.
· The 1976 Swine Flu incident in the US led to mass vaccination causing 25 deaths, more than the flu itself, and many cases of the incapacitating Guillain Barre Syndrome.
· Swine Flu is a mild form of flu, has low lethality, generally short-lived symptoms, and does not warrant mass vaccinations.
· A highly propagandized pandemic could be used by unscrupulous governments to line the pockets of pharmaceutical companies and, at worse, promote the security state by mass, and even forced, vaccinations.
· A potential £27,000 bonus is being offered to GPs on top of their salary (£107,000) to administer the vaccine. This is not good practice. Either a vaccine is good for people, and therefore a GP will administer it, or it's not and she won't.
· The highly propagandized nature of the UK government and media’s presentation of Swine Flu has provided almost no comparison with ordinary flu.
There is no child safety data for the vaccine which the UK is about to offer to 12 million children and roll out to all schools. There are now reports of children given the vaccine suffering side effects of nausea, insomnia and nightmares and suggestions of neuropsychiatric side effects, such as poor concentration, inability to think clearly, problems sleeping, and feeling dazed or confused.
1. Daily Mail, 25 Aug 2009 – Half of doctors refusing SF vaccine. Over 2/3 believe it to be poorly tested. Most see SF as so mild a flu that most people would not require the vaccine. 1/3 of nurses would refuse the jab. Those refusing generally have safety concerns with the vaccine being fast-tracked and not fully tested. Concern that government has overreacted with its mass vaccination policy. Concern that vaccine may lead to cases of GBS, and even death, as it did in the 1976 US SF event. UK’s Health Protection Agency has been asked to watch out for extra GBS cases. Govt. plans that 14 M people will be vaccinated in the first wave with everyone else to follow. BMA negotiating with doctors pricing for the jab; the union is demanding £7 per jab. Individuals have the right to receive the jab or not.
2. Canadian Press, 26 Feb 2009 – US pharmaceutical company Baxter made experimental human flu virus material which was then somehow contaminated with live Bird Flu virus and then sent this to an Austrian company. They then distributed the supposed H3N2 product to subcontractors in Czech, Slovenia and Germany. Ferrets exposed to the mixture died, raising the alarm on Bird Flu contamination. A “serious error” occurred at Baxter’s research facility in Austria which uses BSL 3 protocols (Bio Safety Level). Experts insist this should not be possible. Baxter has not explained exactly how claiming this is proprietary information. Baxter was on the verge of receiving a licence for H5N1, Bird Flu. Baxter is the only company working with wild type viruses.