13 May 2009

New landshare website: get registered

Landshare is a national website which links people who want to grow their own fruit and vegetables to space where they can grow it. IT already has landowners and growers in Gloucestershire listed. It is also a network of help and expertise. Click here for more information and to log your details.

As regular blog readers will know I have been pushing locally for more land for food - not just about getting County Council's 94 tenanted farms producing more food or more CSA's but also in this area we look set to have a small area for allotments - still some negotiating to do - the Whiteshill and Ruscombe Parish are being excellent and look set to support the venture. We are also trying to establish a community orchard.....for me I was all set to register with landshare when I had a very wonderful offer from a nearby neighbour for a patch of land for veg. I already have potatos in it!

See recent Sunday Times article about Stroud food moves here.

1 comment:

Garden Girls peace love light said...

excellent ! can't wait to watch this site grow and expand all over the world ... will mention on my blog for sure.