10 Dec 2008

What DVDs have I just seen?

As noted a combination of work commitments and broadband difficulties means that I wont be able to update this blog until around 16th. I have also changed the 'Comment' setting so that they wont be added until my return (this is after having over 60 spam adverts added last time). But I have scheduled a couple of blogs in my absence so it will not be all quiet here. Here's another:

I can enjoy most films from aliens to a love story - but not horror here are three fun quirky warm DVDs that I have seen over the last month:

Juno (2007) - Faced with an unplanned pregnancy, an offbeat young woman makes an unusual decision regarding her unborn child. Watched this and enjoyed after seeing Caroline Lucas had liked it!

Happy Go Lucky (2008) - Mike Leigh - a look at a few chapters in the life of Poppy, a cheery, colorful, North London schoolteacher whose optimism tends to exasperate those around her. The amazing thing about this is that the actors were given their characters then put in situations without script to create the movie.

Lars and the Real Girl (2008) - A delusional young guy strikes up an unconventional relationship with a doll he finds on the Internet. Great film - wish all townsfolk were like this place!

No comments: