8 Jun 2008

More Open Studios: Ruth Davey, Nikki Simpson and Yvonne Wood

Yesterday I also managed a couple more local Open Studios - I particularly enjoyed Westward Road where Ruth Davey and Nikki Simpson had a collection of stunning photos - yes I know I can be enthusiastic about stuff but these really are worth a look.

Photos: Produce Stroud project, Fountain (taken in Bristol), Cambodian Monk, Loch Voil and lastly another pic in the exhibition of a water lily.

Ruth Davey is currently working on a project called ‘ProduceStroud’, which is documenting individuals and initiatives (such as Transition Stroud and Stroud Community Agriculture) who have changed their habits and practices in order to live more sustainable lifestyles. In fact I'm hoping she will be able to cover some of the projects I'm involved with like the Open Homes for a Sustainable Future (more of that coming soon). See Ruth's website with some of her photos:
www.ruth-davey.co.uk

Nikki Simpson also had some wonderful photos - especially of movement - the Cambodian monk's foot one here is actually at the Sub Rooms taster exhibition - at this exhibition there were some great ones of dancing.

One of my favorites was this one of the water ripple on Loch Voil, Scotland - infact I bought the card of this one! See Nikki's website with links to some great films she has made set to great music here:
www.lightcreations.co.uk

I finished off with a look at Yvonne Woods willow sculptures in Foxmoor Lane - these also combined other materials like slate and shells. More here about the Open Studios, addresses etc - all are open again next Sat and Sun - don't miss - over 100 artists opening their homes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like the monks feet photo

Anonymous said...

Good Job! :)