18 May 2008

Water fluoridation and IQ and some mysteries of water

Yesterday started with going to a breakfast celebration of Norwegian National Day - 'syttende mai' (meaning May seventeenth) - my partner is Norwegian and it is a chance to meet with Norwegian family locally - the day dates back to the Constitution signing in 1814 and is about children's parades - a non-military nature to the events...anyhow a huge breakfast that included lots of Norwegian food - a particularly good Jarlsberg and I confess to trying some Norwegian bottled glacial water (800 years old) - apparently sold locally in a supermarket - I don't dare think about the carbon footprint - and note previous comments on bottled water here and here and indeed many other places....

Anyhow from that water I went to the Safe Water Campaign for Avon, Gloucestershire and Wiltshire AGM at the British School in Stroud - there was an excellent talk on the Mysteries of water and a presentation on IQ and fluoride - see my scribbled notes yesterday here and here. I was elected again one of the Officers for that group.

It was also a chance to grab a coffee at Star Anise and I met up with several Post Office campaigners - more of that in blog hopefully later this morning.

No comments: