14 Mar 2008

Post Office demo tomorrow

Don't forget the Post Office demo tomorrow in the High Street, Stroud from 12.45.

Cartoon: another from local scribbler Russell

Anyhow Sports Relief is on - I just discovered when the cartoon arrived - have to wonder about these 'extravaganzas' as they do so little to really look at why people are poor in the first place - where for example is the analysis of our unfair trading system?

It seems almost an abuse of people's good will - yes I am sure the money is spent well and this is great - very great for those receiving such life-changing funds but I would love to see us really analyse and work on how we can make a permanent difference - no doubt too threatening to those with much too lose - OK abuse is too strong a word but surely we should be looking at the whole picture? OK I'm too tired for this blog entry - another day - See my comment re Live Aid a couple of years ago here.

No comments: