10 May 2007

Draft Climate Change Bill - initial comments

The last week or so between election stuff I've been pulling together thoughts on the draft Climate Change Bill. These will go to Stroud District Council - I hope they will adopt much of it - but in any case they will be used as part of the local Green party's submission to the consultation.

Photo: Dandelion in Randwick

See our initial thoughts here - in my haste to meet the deadline yesterday I have based some parts on Friends of the Earth's submission - although I consider that their views are a little lightweight in some areas. I would imagine that our concerns about this Bill will be tightened up over the next couple of weeks before it is submitted to Defra. Having said that it is great that we have a Bill - but this mustn't become yet another piece of Government greenwash.

No comments: