12 Nov 2006

Remembrance Sunday

I was at a church this morning in Cotham, Bristol (beautiful icon left) for a Remembrance Day Service and christening of my brothers daughter (apols for poor photo) - a very special service and lovely meal afterwards where the god parents said a few words - poems and even a song. See here for more re Remembrace poppies. A very special day and great to see my niece seem to love the day so much.

For those who don't know my brother runs a vegetarian cafe in Bristol - Cafe Maitreya - it has won loads of national awards including best veggie - and is indeed quite the very best place to eat - yes I am biased as my brother runs it but I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Addition: evening spent with DVD of 'The Pianist' - appropriate in the light of it being Remembrance Sunday - quite a film - and shocking to be reminded of the horrors people can do to one another.

No comments: