2 Nov 2006

Cardiff University today

A very enjoyable couple of hours lecturing to MSc architecture students at Cardiff University - gave two lectures - one about Shared Spaces and the other Ruscombe Brook - the later looking at issues raised by community groups and Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems. Students were particularly shocked by dangers of sewage - see recent US article that I've come across.

Nervous beforehand, but all went very well despite being given the last slot of the day in an exceedingly warm lecture theatre - then again both these subjects are fascinating - indeed am happy to talk to local groups as well - Randwick WI have already booked me for sometime next year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Phil,
I must apologise for wondering into your lecture at the School of Architecture, but as I passed by the door it sounded so interesting I couldn't help myself. So, I hope you can forgive my intrusion!
It was great to hear about the shared space philosophy and it has given me lots to think about. I've always thought that segregation was the wrong way to deal with many of our traffic issues. As a keen cyclist I get hugely frustrated with the local authorities 'attempts' at providing cycle facilities, sometime I don't know whether to laugh or cry. This website has some great examples of the vision of LA's when it comes to cycle lanes etc...
http://www.warringtoncyclecampaign.co.uk/facility-of-the-month/

Best regards

Dylan

Philip said...

Thanks for your thoughts - and yes I saw that website a year or so ago but love the latest additions - especially photo of the month - think I'll seek permission to use it!