19 Sept 2006

Tesco Bus Shelter

The lack of a bus shelter at the big Tesco in Stratford Park Road was raised by someone anonymously in a 'Comment' re one of my previous Blogs - I've not had a reply from my letter to Tesco - but then it's only been 10 days - but I have heard from the Town Council. As I suspected they had been pushing for this a while back but little has happened so the anonymous comment has jolted everything into action again.

Cllr Sheila Booth, a green party councillor but no relation, raised the shelter at 'Consultations' at Stroud Town Council last week on Monday. The committee was strongly supportive particularly as it was reported that regularly there can be 10 people waiting there. The Council will also write to Tesco and see what they can / will do. We must keep our eyes on this one.

1 comment:

Philip said...

This week's SNJ has a note to say the Town Council are looking into the matter. I've also received a reply from Tesco saying their head office will look at the request. Thanks again to the anonymous comment in these Blogs for giving this a nudge.