28 Jul 2006

Folly Farm footpath change - consultation until 23rd August


For background information and links go to my blog on 16th June 2006.

Three people have responded to me already with concerns re the notices that went up a couple of days ago re the consultation of this footpath - that goes through Folly Farm - see photo left. Concerns include trees possibly being cut, the extra people will have to walk, the possible steepness of the slope and more.

I am hoping to arrange a meeting on site with Officers so that the site can be viewed. If people are interested they should phone me on 01453 755451. It is often hard to see just from the plans. I did vote against the proposed change at a recent Development Control meeting as I was not reassured by the information given. However a site visit will hopefully allow us all to see the implications.

There might even be some advantages of opening up a walk along the edge of the brook, but I will need to be considerably more reassured regarding the extra distance to walk, the gradients involved etc and the loss of a Right of Way that has been around for many, many years.

If people wish to make objections, they should write to SDC before 23rd August - see previos Blog for contact details etc. The proposal then may be approved or passed to the Secretary of State to consider.

3 comments:

Philip said...

In response to the significant numbers of phonecalls to me I have arranged with Stroud District Council to have a site meeting with all those interested. This will be after the consultation period closes and will look at the issues raised by the objections. Please contact me if you are interested.

I have also noted to SDC that one of the signs advertising the path have disappeared from one of the sites.

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»